22 June 2009

What it means to be a good dive Buddy

photo_2663_20081217photo_2679_20081217photo_2665_20081217

I did a dive this weekend at Nisida, Italy with someone who is quickly becoming a good friend and a great dive buddy. Something happened during that dive that got me thinking about what makes a good dive buddy.

I compiled the following list.

A good dive buddy:

  • gives input on where to dive and doesn’t just agree to anything
  • doesn’t mind waiting when it takes you just a little bit longer to get to the bottom
  • touches the octopus first
  • volunteers to swear himself to secrecy when you have lost YET another item before you’ve had a chance to express your embarrassment

These are just some of the things that I could think of.

What do you think makes a good dive buddy? Do you like someone who is learning with you or someone who likes to teach? Do you demand having someone on site that can do a rescue dive due to your history with that pesky regulator?

Add to my list in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. 1. A good dive buddy helps you put that heavy rig on when you have all the weights on.
    2. I think he finds a lost or misplaced weightbelt, then carries it back to the beach.
    3. Is Slower than you for when that shark feeding frenzy begins!!!

    I am certain that all of you would do the same for me, I've proven that I am a good buddy, Who else?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Diver! Please stop in and share your thoughts or experience with us all.

Thank you for commenting. Active participation is what keeps our group alive!